These are what Oreo dreams are made of. Grab your kiddos and make these beautiful cupcakes. Oreo cookie dough, peppermint dipped Oreos and chocolate cupcakes! These cupcakes just make you smile and they will brighten anyone’s day. @life_and_sprinkles whipped up these delicious cookie dough cupcakes. Be sure to tag us both if you make these show stoppers for the holidays! These babies are drool worthy.
Check out our store locator or online store to find our gourmet edible cookie dough!
Peppermint Oreo Cookie Dough STUFFED Cupcakes
Author: Taryn Camp
Makes: 24 cupcakes
1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup water
1/3 + 1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 container The Cookie Dough Cafe Oreo Edible Cookie Dough
1/2 cup (1 stick butter), room temperature
1/2 cup shortening (or 1/2 cup butter)
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup crushed Peppermint Bark Oreos
2-4 tbsp milk or cream
1 tsp vanilla
24 whole Peppermint Bark oreos
white coating or almond bark
crushed candy canes/peppermint
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cupcake pan with liners. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Fill each liner 2/3 full and bake according to package directions.
2. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool on wire racks. Transfer to the fridge for at least an hour.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the dipped Oreos. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and fill a shallow bowl with the crushed peppermint. Melt the white chocolate or coating according to the package directions. One by one, dip each Oreo half way into the coating and then sprinkle it with the peppermint. Be sure not to dip the chocolate covered Oreo into the peppermint. Sprinkle it over the working surface instead so that the chocolate doesn’t drip into the bowl. Set each Oreo onto the parchment. When finished, transfer to the fridge for approximately 10 minutes to set.
4. Once the cupcakes are cool and firm, line them on a flat surface. Using a cupcake corer or knife, make a 1” hole in the center of each cupcake. Make sure not to cut all the way to the bottom. Fill each cup with a heaping tablespoon of edible cookie dough. It is best to roll the cookie dough into an long oval shape and press it into the opening. Leave the cookie dough in the fridge and take large scoops as you need them because it will be easier to work with. Once each cupcake has been filled, place them back in the fridge.
5. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and shortening until smooth. Add in 2 cups of the powdered sugar and continue to mix. Add in 2 tbsp milk or cream, vanilla, and Oreos. The Oreos should be the consistency of crumbs. Stir and then add in the last of the powdered sugar. Mix until smooth.
6. Remove the cupcakes from the fridge, and pipe each cupcake with the Peppermint Bark Oreo frosting. If you do not have a piping bag, frost each cupcake with a knife. Sprinkle with an extra teaspoon of crushed peppermint and then garnish with a chocolate-covered Oreo.
Happy Holidays! We just love this time of year.